Our doctors believe that speech-language evaluation may be vital in determining the origins of struggles children and adolescents experience at home, in school, and at play.
During evaluation, the speech-language pathologist examines the following areas of concern:
- Receptive language, the language he or she understands when spoken to
- Expressive language, the language used by him or her for communication
- Articulation, how he or she makes speech sounds
- Pragmatics, otherwise known as social language
This is what you can expect at the speech-language evaluation:
- Brief clinical interview with parents
- Receptive and expressive language evaluation of the patient
- Articulation evaluation of the patient
- Pragmatics evaluation of the patient
- Scoring, interpretation, and report writing. You will receive the written report approximately one to two weeks after your testing appointment.
- $250 Children 1 to 4 years
- $300 Children 5 to 10 years
- $350 Children and Adolescents 11 years and older