At the social skills sessions, the therapist and the group will focus on the following areas:
- Basic fundamentals of appropriate social interaction
- How to greet others in social situations
- Attending to and understanding nonverbal social cues
- How to begin and maintain conversations
- Social problem solving and proper assertiveness
- Emotional self awareness and regulation
Session length varies from 4-10 weeks depending on Group focus, usually meeting weekly for 60 minutes.
Please contact our office to see if we have current scheduling for a Group. Groups are offered periodically throughout the year based on Providers’ availability and number of interested families.